Welcome to the Shooting Stars Resource Center!
* (Teacher) Nomination Forms accepted: October 24 – November 3, 2017
* (Student) Application Forms accepted: October 24 – November 6, 2017
* A link to the Nomination Form will be emailed to arts faculty members October 23-24, 2017.
The Shooting Stars Finalist Program Packet provides an overview of the Program, from nomination in October 2017 to the Gala in March 2018, where all Finalists are recognized and scholarships awarded.
Finalist Program Packet
To assist students, parents and teachers throughout the duration of the Program, all Program information has been consolidated into a Finalist Program Packet. The Packet contains detailed information about student Eligibility and Participation Requirements, Scholarship Guidelines, Sample Résumé, Tips for Auditions or Portfolio Preparation, Scoring Rubrics and Program Calendar for important Program dates and events. Finalists will also find links for Confirming Attendance at Audition/Filming Day and Résumé and Portfolio Submission uploads.
Select the appropriate arts category below to learn about specific requirements and guidelines for participation.
- Literature (prose/poetry)
- Production & Design (formerly theatre technical)
- Theatre Performance (including voice)
- Voice Classical
- Winds & Percussion
- Two-Dimensional Art
- Three-Dimensional Art
Art, in my opinion, is one of the most important things in life. Despite its inessential nature, the arts ability to communicate thoughts, feelings and ideas is so profound and inspiring. Without it, life would feel quite empty.
— Alexis Reid, 2011 Shooting Stars Finalist